What to drink with your crepes ? Wine is definitely a great choice, but it all depends on the filling!
From the United States to Japan, via Europe, the Middle East and Africa, crepes are present at all latitudes, all year round, with variations in texture and flavor, depending on the country.
Crepes are very simple to prepare. With the doses indicated in the recipe, you will get about 7 crepes.
- 1 egg
- 250 g of milk
- 125 g of 00 flour
- 20 g of butter
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and let it cool. Meanwhile break the egg, mix and add the milk.
- Then add the butter and finally add the sifted flour, mixing with a hand whisk.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it rest for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Take the dough again, give it a stir and heat an 18 cm crepe maker (or alternatively a non-stick pan of the same base) and grease it with a knob of butter.
- Pour in a ladleful of batter and swirl the pan quickly until the batter is evenly distributed. Cook for about a minute on each side and then transfer to a serving dish.
Wine and savory crepes
With savory crepes , for example with ham and cheese, we advise you to choose a red wine with little tannins, such as a Pinot Noir . With savory salmon or seafood crepes, the best pairing is a white wine such as a Pinot Blanc .